Periodontal gum disease is a constant battle that harmful bacteria wages against your gums. As the unhealthy bacteria becomes more present in your mouth, typically in the form of plaque buildup, the rate at which tissue decays vastly increase. Even if you are brushing twice daily and flossing too, gum disease could still be seeping into your life. Here are a few symptoms to look for:
– Constant bad breath or bad taste in your mouth could be a sign of gum disease.
– If your teeth move, change location, or your bite alignment changes, the tissue in your mouth may be wearing down from gum disease.
– Look for red, swollen, or extremely tender gums that appear. If the gums bleed easily or constantly, it may be a sign of gum disease.
– Check your gums to see if they have receded, or appear to be pulled back from the teeth.
– Gum disease over time will loosen teeth from the gums. Be aware of any loose or sensitive teeth you may have.
– If you have any difficulty speaking or experience pains when chewing, gum disease may be present.
If you wish to come in for an oral exam, please make an appointment with Dr. Brandon J. Ryff by contacting our fantastic team at Somerset Family Dental at 480-359-1478. You can also stop by our office in Gilbert, Arizona. Don’t let bad oral bacteria control your life. The smile you’ve always wanted is only a phone call away!