The body is much like a clock. If one part falters, the rest will suffer as well. The same can be said for any services that seek to help our body. Orthodontic braces are intended to help our mouths for a variety of benefits. If the braces become damaged, our mouths will not be properly fixed. It is important to maintain not only our oral hygiene but also tools we use. The following five keys will help you keep your braces in tip-top shape.
– Continue your regularly scheduled cleanings and exams with your dentist.
– Go to your regularly scheduled appointment with your orthodontists at Somerset Family Dental. Missed appointments will only delay your recovery time.
– To protect your teeth and jaw, wear a mouth guard when playing contact sports. Your orthodontist can recommend a specific mouth guard for individuals with braces.
– Continue brushing your teeth (and your retainer) twice a day, Also floss your teeth daily to prevent plaque buildup between hard to reach areas. Replace your toothbrush every three months.
– Be sure to clean your retainer once a week.
– Avoid foods that can get stuck in your braces and lead to tooth decay. This includes corn on the cob, chewy foods such as taffy, hard foods such as apples, and various nuts and snacks.
Keep your teeth healthy while wearing braces. If you would like to know more about what you can do to protect your braces, please make an appointment by contacting Dr. Brandon J. Ryff at Somerset Family Dental via phone at 480-359-1478. You can also stop by our office in Gilbert, Arizona. Come in today to learn all about the benefits of braces!